Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Take A Strong Stand On Behalf Of What Is Right!

In the Bible it states, "Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline." (Proverbs 1: 7) What happens to those of us who know the Lord but slide back and forth between right and wrong? I mean some days I feel like I can conquer the world for God and then there are days when I just feel like doing whatever. In one of my earlier post, I mentioned being a man is doing what a man has to do. Well some days I guess I'm not much of a man. I try to be the best I can every day, but some days I fall short. Before I fall now that I truly know Christ, the internal battle within me is crazy. Knowing you are going doing the wrong thing and then actually doing it causes some serious identity issues. Once you have done the wrong thing you immediately know that you were not doing anything to bring Glory to God. That is the most disappointing part of this cycle. Knowing that I'm a child of God I'm always disturbed when this happens. Thank God for Jesus, because as it is in the Bible "We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes no matter who we are. For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.” (Romans 3:22-24 NLT) This does not give us a license to sin, but it does offer peace of mind. Peace comes from knowing that God loves you even when you fail him and you are not headed to hell. I read something that applies to all of this:

But a man cannot act like the devil, and at the same time be a disciple of Christ Jesus. Let us not serve or indulge what the Son of God came to destroy.

To be born of God is to be inwardly renewed by the power of the Spirit of God. Renewing grace is an abiding principle. Religion is not an art, a matter of dexterity and skill, but a new nature. The renewed person cannot sin as he did before he was born of God, and as others do who are not born again. There is that light in his mind, which shows him the evil and malignity of sin. There is that bias upon his heart, which disposes him to loathe and hate sin. There is the spiritual principle that opposes sinful acts. There is repentance for sin, if committed. It goes against him to sin with forethought.

It goes against him/her to sin with forethought. The mind is where the internal battle is waged. We as Christians should always try to fight the good fight against our flesh. When we fail do not run from God because he knows our failures before we do. He is there and loves us. Understand that there is correction and sometimes it may be painful, but God corrects us just as an earthly parent corrects their child. With that said; when the battle is strong that means you are getting closer to God, because where there is no struggle there is no relationship with God. Just remember we can find peace in our father.

Until the next time.
Long Live The Kane!

No comments:

Post a Comment