Saturday, March 21, 2009

Instant Replay

When I think about the journey I have been on in my lifetime, I am always reflecting on the decisions I have made. Unfortunately, hind sight is twenty-twenty. While I have no regrets, I could have handled so many situations differently. Looking back on certain behaviors or acts that I committed, I have no clue as to how that has helped me grow. Then there are other behaviors or acts that I can see their direct affect on my life. Now my life is not perfect, and by no means am I a guy who thinks he has it all under control. I just know that with God things are going to be alright. The Bible states, “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”(Romans 8:28 NIV) When reading the Bile some people only read part of the scriptures. Let us look at Romans 8:28 carefully. I have heard this scripture quoted many times but hardly have I heard it quoted in it’s entirety. The key part of this scripture is the last part. “According to his purpose” Things do not always work out good for those who love the Lord. I believe the reason things do not work out, is because we (no one specifically) have made decisions that do not line up with God’s purpose. Now understand me please things will workout because God is a loving God, and all you have to do is ask for his help. We will endure a certain amount of hardship because of a decision made that do not line up with His purpose. As I see it, one of God’s greatest gifts can be our greatest weakness. God gave us the ability to make decisions for ourselves. I some time think, WHY LORD? Why will you not just tell me what to do. Life would be so much easier. I mean can you imagine just living in God’s purpose. Imagine the amounts of peace, joy and happiness that we would have. Well God will not take away our free will. It goes against His law, and that would make God fallible and He is perfect. With all that said, I have made some decisions that I thought were not even close to God’s purpose, but have turned out to be blessings in my life. Then there is the other side where I thought I was making Godly decisions. WAIT!!! I just said something that was crazy. Thank you Holy Spirit. I cannot make Godly decisions because I am not God. We can try make righteous decisions based on our knowledge of God. Read your Bible. Whoa, that was something serious. I am still amazed at the download I just received. I honestly never thought I was making Godly decisions. I was trying to make Godly decisions without having God’s abilities. We are humans, destined to make bad decisions, the key is the older you get and the more mature you become. The less bad decisions you should be making. The Bible tells us, “Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.” (Proverbs 4:7 NKJV) From my experiences, (three children, one ex-wife, the different mothers) I have found that God will allow you to repeat the same test over and over again until you get it right. One other thing to remember is that just because you are repeating the same test does not mean that you will not fulfill God’s purpose. When you try to do the right thing, but make mistakes along the remember this: The plans of the righteous are just, but the advice of the wicked is deceitful. (Proverbs 12:5 NIV). My friends if you are trying to make righteous decisions and it is in God’s purpose things will workout. Maybe not the way you expected but who truly knows God’s ways. Be Righteous God sees your heart!

Until next time

Long Live The Kane

No comments:

Post a Comment