Tuesday, March 24, 2009

INTEGRITY

Here is something that came up! My heart aches because for the first time in my life I truly feel like I have lost a part of my life. The bad part about this is I am at a point where I want to risk everything to regain that part of my life. I have been in several relationships in my life some good and some bad. However, when you realize that the one relationship you needed the most has gotten away from you, you have to do everything in your power to get it back. If it does not work out so be it, but at least you did everything in your power to get it back. (Ask God for guidance and He will direct your path) For all of you who have not experienced this type of loss consider yourself blessed and do everything in your power to never have to go through this. One time a person asked me, “How would it be different if they gave me another chance to be with them?” Honestly, I did not know what would be different other than I would try harder than before. Well trying harder does not cut it and you will fail. You have to change; not want to change, not try to change but you actually have to change. You have to change your thinking, your actions and reactions because if do not you are destined to repeat the same unhealthy trials that will cause you to lose. I have learned from my past mistakes, and from this very minute my integrity will never be in question. The Bible states, “Let me be weighed on honest scales, That God may know my integrity.”(Job 31:6 NKJV) If God knows, you have integrity imagine what others see. I want to make something clear many of us have integrity, it is sometime we tend not to display it depending on the circumstances we maybe facing. My integrity came into question because I was afraid of losing what I lost. No matter why I did some of the things I did, my integrity should have been intact. What upsets me more is that I had never had a problem with my integrity. My integrity has gotten me far in life and I let fear of losing what I lost change that. Ironic that I would lose the very thing that helped me gain the relationship. If there is anything you get from this post, please get this. INTEGRITY does not come in degrees – low medium or high. You either have it or you do not. There is a saying and it goes something like this, “It is easier to do the wrong thing, but it’s always better to do the right thing.” That is integrity. The choice between what is convenient and what is right. I have done some foolish things in my life, non as foolish as allowing my integrity to be subject to questioned by a loved one. Oh yeah, the person who asked me the question, well I finally have an answer. Things would be different because I see and feel what it is like without you in my life. People it is simple DO IT RIGHT ALL THE TIME. Character not reputation!

Until Next Time

Long Live The Kane

Remember – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment