Thursday, March 19, 2009

To Do or Not To Do

Okay day two of my new found therapy. Hmmmmmm is this working? Well as life goes on you learn that the trials never really stop coming, but you learn to deal with them, and as you mature you are suppose to make better decisions. I think that is true for people experiencing different crisis one at a time. My question is, what do you do when it seems that multiple trials come crashing down at the same time? Let me first of all thank God for allowing me to be here to experience the trials. I thank God because without God the other alternative isn’t very good. Now that I have thanked God for the opportunity to grow, I now petition Him for the strength to go through these trials without compromising who I am in Him. The Bible says, “God will bless you, if you don't give up when your faith is being tested. He will reward you with a glorious life, just as he rewards everyone who loves him.”(James 1:12 CEV) I’m holding on to my faith but I’m hanging on by a thread. When I was younger and didn’t know better my life seemed easy. I did whatever I wanted, when I wanted and with whom I wanted (sometimes with people I didn’t want to). Knowing better and trying to live the right way is painful, and tiring. Puffy, P Diddy, Diddy or Sean Combs once said “Mo Money Mo Problems” I never understood that or maybe I did understand, I just had no idea because I had no money. I have recently had a revelation on this concept. Without God money means nothing because there is no peace. Without God, life really sucks. So with all the money you can have it will be just money without God. My life is nothing like I thought it would be, but I have God and He keeps me from just losing my mind. People say let go and let God; I have a question for all, why do we wait for God to give us a blessing? Doesn’t the Bible state, “If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it”? (John 14:14 KJV) Once you ask, aren’t you supposed to go on with your life knowing that it is done? I mean all my life I have been taught: To read the Bible, To pray, To trust God for every need, To obey God, To be forgiving, To be persistent, To live by principle, not feelings, To have a servant spirit, To live an orderly life, To be an encourager, and To love unconditionally. I want to break these down and share where I have experienced issues.
I read my Bible daily– Not a problem
I pray every day – Not a problem
I trust God for my every need – Not a problem
I Obey God – I try, but I need to obey his word always
I am forgiving – I am truly forgiving – Not a problem
I am persistent – I don’t quit and keep trying and sometime this is a weakness
I live by principle, not feelings – While not a problem I think I should elaborate on this. My belief is that emotions are unreliable; I don’t let them dictate my actions.
I have a servant spirit – I’m always trying to help someone- Not a problem
I live an orderly life – Not a problem
I am an encourager – Not a problem
I love unconditionally – My heart hurts because I love unconditionally.
If you look at this you would think I would be on top of the world, but I believe this is exactly why my life is the way it is. When you try to live right life becomes very specific, there are very few gray areas. I don’t want anyone to feel sorry for me I just need to vent about life and just how if I didn’t read my Bible I would be lost. Doesn’t mean I’m not getting tired of the trials, it just means I understand.
I leave this today in hope that my trials and sharing them with you all will in some way help someone.
Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world. (1 Peter 4:1-13 NLT)
Until next time
Long Live The Kane

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. I wonder if that's different for women and men, or if it's just me? I live by my emotions but principle as well. Even though our emotions are unreliable that is how God created me. Live in the moment, think later... It's why I boat jump, where so many don't.

    The mere fact that you have stated that you are persistent means that even though you are hanging by a string, that you are still hanging. If you are as persistent as you say that you are, then you will hang on no matter how hard or what the cost is...

    What a testimony you have shared today!

    ReplyDelete